You should be able to solve this

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

You should be able to solve this.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Any reasonable person would pull the lever. You would be stupid not to pull it.

Snarelure
Snarelure

Sucks to be the guies in the middle because they gonna die

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Evil_kitten
Pull lever repeatedly, causing the trolly to move it's front wheels on a different track than its back wheels and stop going forward
Walk off of tracks
This reduces property damage and maximizes your safety. Any loss of life will be the fault of the criminal who kidnapped 11 people and attempted to make some senseless point about society.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

8 (max) people die if I pull the lever, however 6 (max) people die if I do not. Therefore I let the lever stay. Either way someone dies.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Evil_kitten
To ensure my own safety I would not pull the lever. You'd be gambling with your life if you did pull it.

Hopefully the other person would have the same realization and the trolley's would collide.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Pull the lever and move out of the way

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@CodeBuns
photosynthesize those digits

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@CodeBuns
faggot, it says you can't move out of the way in the image.

spamming that video is fucking stupid too.

Illusionz
Illusionz

@New_Cliche
it says you can't move out of the way in the image.
Or else what? What will happen if I disobey some pixels on a jpeg image? Seriously, I'm moving, fuck u guys

And that's also why I'm spamming this video

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Illusionz
it's just a hypothetical situation to make you think. anyone would just pull the lever and walk away if you could move.

girlDog
girlDog

@Nude_Bikergirl
No it's not, it's black megabytes on a (rather poorly) crafted image and there's nothing happening in it. This shit would NEVER happen in real life as well. But video related happens all the time in real life.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Evilember
trips 2

massdebater
massdebater

@girlDog
god damn, you're retarded.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@massdebater
kennedi checkem

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

How dare you doctor memes from proof of the Holocaust™ you dirty gentile goyim it is as though you are killing infinite of g_d's chosen people™ every second you aren't killing yourself for Israel™

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Evil_kitten

This isn't the game of chicken, this is the prisoner's dilemma. Although both players achieve higher payoff by playing "pull the lever", the uncertainty of one player concerning the other's will cause both of them to play "don't pull" in order to avert what is objectively an infinitly negative payoff (ie dieing). Game Theory 101.

Now explain to me how the fuck the proportion of us inbred retards whom aren't mathemations or economists are supposed to know how to solve this, user.

TechHater
TechHater

"… concerning the other's DECISION" and "mathematician", sorry.

@SniperWish

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@Evil_kitten
Easy, don't pull.
If both pull, 4 people die
However, you cannot guarantee the other will pull the lever, going onto the next option
1 pulls, other stays, 8 people (including one of the players) die.
Being that this is 1/2 of the possible options (both pull, both stay, one pulls, other pulls), it would be better for the player in particular to not pull. Leaving the last option
Neither player pulls
Only 5 people die.

It's simple, really.

TreeEater
TreeEater

@LuckyDusty
What?
In either case, the maximum that will die is 8.
If you pull the lever, and blue does not, then that kills 8 people
If you do not pull the lever, and blue does, then that also kills 8 people.

If blue thinks as logically as I do, then it is safe to assume that blue will make the same decision that I do. If we both make the same decision, then the choice I should make to minimise deaths is to pull the lever.

Soft_member
Soft_member

@Emberfire
Best case scenario is you get multi-track drifting and kill 6 people yourself.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Carnalpleasure
@TreeEater
Do you really trust blue?

Inmate
Inmate

I'm so badass that I'd push the lever backwards, sending the tram backwards, and preventing me from any moral deficiencies

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content