What is the best job for a loner that hates social contact?

iluvmen
iluvmen

preferable easy as well

idontknow
idontknow

i would say either a factory job where you're expected to just work a machine all day, or stock shelves at a store. i worked in a factory for a few years and people left me alone most of the time. you could also become a trucker, which people seem to think of as a lonely job.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@idontknow
stocking shelves huh i guess i can try that is Walmart decent?

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@VisualMaster
i don't know what the standard is for something being "decent". i work at a walmart and its ok i guess. probably not any better or worse than other department stores or grocery stores. they put you through a computer training thing at the start which is really monotonous and boring and long winded, so if you want to avoid that, maybe other places don't do that, i don't know.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@iluvmen
Stocking, Busser at a resturant, Dishwasher

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@VisualMaster

I am doing night crew for a retail store atm. We are a small store so everything has to be done by hand. The work is insanely hard for the money so your best bet would be to get on some meds and start talking to people. I have gotten over a lot of my anxiety once I am in the moment of talking to people. Retail sucks though man I want to get into sales or something.

My dream job would be night-time security, that is the ultimate job for a loner.>>5695473

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@Garbage Can Lid
I'm doing third shift security right now. It's boring as all hell. If you do it you'd better get used to reading books and pushing back the constant nagging feeling that you are wasting your life.

Emberfire
Emberfire

Try one of them functioning retard farms

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Deadlyinx

Honestly, being able to read or go on my phone for a bit/draw would be amazing compared to what I am doing now. I am sure after a couple of years I would get bored of it but if I could find one near me I would take it.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

If you like animals then you could work overnight at a pet hotel.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@LuckyDusty
Apply to all the security companies around then. Big ones are securitas, g4s, and allied barton. They literally hire anybody and fire whoever is consistently late or caught sleeping. Surprisingly that is a high number of people, so they are constantly cycling through employees.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Ignoramus

I live in a town with ~3,000 people mostly white and no crime. No one has security. I am using my job to save for a car so I can drive to the bigger city near me. I will look those companies up for future reference though so thank you for the info.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@iluvmen
Night Watchman (3rd shift security guard)
Park Ranger
Graphic Designer
Truck Driver
Writer

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@Deadlyinx
Do you need any physical strength or combat capabilities?

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@VisualMaster
Dont work at walmart if you're introverted.
They make the staff get together and do the "wal-mart chant" at the start of every shift. It is not optional, and you may be randomly selected at any time to lead the chant. You can't just half ass it either - the manager has to make you do it with "gusto".

@Deadlyinx
What sorts of places still hire night time security guards?

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Sharpcharm
No, you're not allowed to touch anybody. Your only job as a security officer is to observe and record. They typically prefer military experience for supervisor positions.

@VisualMaster
Mostly warehouses and sorting centers that have overnight shifts, college campuses, hospitals, insurance companies, and regional headquarters.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@StrangeWizard
Sweet, sounds like my kinda gig.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@StrangeWizard
do they give healthcare benefits and the like?

5mileys
5mileys

@Harmless_Venom
do they give healthcare benefits and the like?

Why don't you ask?

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Harmless_Venom
The one I work for does.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@VisualMaster
damn that's fucking retarded i guess i'll try stock at a supermarket that's not to bad is it?

Emberburn
Emberburn

@Carnalpleasure
damn that's fucking retarded i guess i'll try stock at a supermarket that's not to bad is it?

lol introvert

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Emberburn
what how bad is it?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Get a job in the garden center at Walmart. Not always massively busy, can get a seasonal job and then see if you want to stay with them doing something else after, and you're always outside watering something or doing something outside the store, shuffling things around to make space. If your hours vary like mine did (rather than consistent shift) you'll always just be clocking in and going outside or stocking shelves, no chant participation. But you have to carry bags of dirt and stuff, and answer questions about plants (if you know). A few assholes, but mostly just nice old ladies where I was. I actually knew about plants a little bit too, so it was nice.

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content