FO4 was a great game, /v/ is just a circlejerk

Methshot
Methshot

FO4 was a great game, /v/ is just a circlejerk

SniperWish
SniperWish

It was fine. Perfectly serviceable, I'm not disappointed that I played it.

The engine is starting to show its age though, and I wasn't a huge fan of the changes that were made to appeal to a more casual audience. Although, to be fair, when I played it, I was coming right off of a New Vegas playthrough with difficulty set to 11 and as many "make survival harder" mods I could find.

StonedTime
StonedTime

@Methshot

Fallout
a great game

nice try kiddo

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@Methshot
not sure if op is trolling
I thought it was good
Some of the menu interfaces were fucked
but it ran pretty smooth on my machine
several of the cyclical quests were annoying
had to banish the nigger from sanctuary
but on the whole it was enjoyable

gametime c.400 hours

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@Methshot
You're supposed to post a picture of Todd when you say things like that

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@Stark_Naked

only if I'm a /v/ circlejerker

I was actually serious

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Sir_Gallonhead
If you posted that on /v/ you'd get b& for being underage guaranteed

Inmate
Inmate

fallout games being any good at all

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Inmate

Anime being any good at all

TreeEater
TreeEater

@lostmypassword
eat shit and die

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@lostmypassword
Amen.

Emberburn
Emberburn

@Spamalot

yep, that's why I never go there

SniperGod
SniperGod

It's a good game sure.

But it's a terrible Fallout game.

RavySnake
RavySnake

@SniperWish

engine starting to show age

how exactly?

more casual audience

I hate that the lore was sacrificed for Minecraft, building shit was kinda lame.

pretty much my only gripe

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@Methshot
/v/ is just a circlejerk, yes. FO4 was an enjoyable game. /v/ is correct in most of their criticism, but there were also some good things about FO4. I'm glad I played through it once, but I probably won't again.

MGSV was also a pretty good game that trailed off from the franchise ;_;

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@Lord_Tryzalot

MGS5 was good

eh, I personally hate Kojima intensely, but most don't agree with me, so there's that

Bidwell
Bidwell

@GoogleCat
embedding a video that doesn't allow embedding
wew

Techpill
Techpill

@RavySnake
I spent some time crafting shit
the interface was the biggest problem
The menu should have been a tree
instead of having to constantly click through
shit over and over to build something

Made a shack for some of my PA

Skullbone
Skullbone

circlejerk

/reddit/index.html
/suicide/index.html
/oven/index.html

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Skullbone

merchant from the tribe

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@RavySnake
how exactly?
Well all love the maymay of "lel bethesda game where da white glitches at?" but the fact remains it's true. My monitor has a high refresh rate, which means a lot of the time the game world became nearly unplayable for its irregularity.

The engine itself has just become hampered, not only by the bugs hardcoded into it from the beginning, but because it's been through so many rewrites, additions and overhauls that it's just a clumsy, lumbering beast of a thing.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@CouchChiller

I agree

thing is, the engine has essentially become Elder Scrolls, not sure what would happen if it was totally discarded. Scary losing an old friend.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

was witcher 3 more fun overall?

Soft_member
Soft_member

@JunkTop
The good news is that it probably won't ever go away. They'll just keep layering more films of novelty over the skeleton until the end of time or they become irrelevant and are reduced to becoming mobile developers. A complete re-write for an engine of that scale, a scale that no other open world games touch, with features like 100% physics body cell persistence or unloaded AI, would be so time- and money-costly it would probably nearly bankrupt them in the interim.

takes2long
takes2long

@Methshot
I think the map should be 4 to 6 times bigger.

Some of us just like to wander and take random quests.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

FO4 is pretty fucking bad
It copied the Mass Effect formula and applied it to Fallout turning it into a shitty on rail shooter with "RPG" elements giving you the illusion of having a choice
the dialogue is a fucking joke and I have on multiple occasions yelled out loud that it is absolute fucking dogshit dipped in chocolate, it's so fucking bad
It's good if you don't care for the 2 original Fallout games and you're only looking for a shooty bang bang game in a post apocalyptic setting AND if you liked Skyrim
it seriously is Skyrim: Radiation Shouts

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@Inmate
@TreeEater
Delusional weebs being delusional

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

When you are making a sequel it isn't just how the game stands up on it's own but how it compares to others in the series.
FO4 has heavily dumbed-down RPG elements and faction interaction compared to others in the series.

It is objectively the worst RPG in a series of RPGs and so fails in that respect.

Flameblow
Flameblow

/v/ is full of unlikable, angry neckbeards that get butthurt when you interrupt their hugbox.
hate WoW (all of it)
hate Skyrim
hate fallout
hate MGSV
Basically they revile all the games I like, and they get triggered whenever I post there. /v/ is shit.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@TalkBomber
Get mods

cum2soon
cum2soon

@Flameblow
/v/irgin here. You just triggered me user.

Dont deny it, fallout is shit and will always be a shit franchise. Its among one of the worst games i ever played, tbh, slow, unappealing, crap gunplay, boring dialogue, only grandpas and sluggish fucks would even consider playing one of those games.

Skyrim gets boring after 100 hours of doing the same few things

MMO's are shitty grindfests

MGSV was decent, but more crippled than Kaz when it comes to completion and content.

/v/ is one person
And everyone does not hate the games you like you fucking dope. Everyone has differing opinions and tastes and if you are too slow to realize that then stay in this dead shithole for all i care.

askme
askme

@Methshot
graph of the quality of fallout 4
when you get passed the opening it is all down hill from there.
fallout 4 has sanded down what fallout was to make more room for "what the kids like these days" i.e. the settlement shit, and they could have made that work if they made you able to do more shit with them, but nope, just the minutemen shit, also the voice protagonist, dialogue system, and perk system destroys re-playability, and those fucking radiant quests. They were okay in Skyrim, because they were building up to something, but now it almost MMOy.
And fuck the endings, they were all shit.
It is a game you can spend 100s of hours with, but I doubt most will come back for more.

Flameblow
Flameblow

@cum2soon
repetition is bad
Why do you circlejerk about the same games, then?

MGSV was decent
but skyrim and fallout are shit
They're all the same game, nigger.

sluggish
What are mods

And everyone does not hate the games you like you fucking dope
Where are the Skyrim and Fallout threads? What would happen if I posted one right now? Definitely not an autistic shitstorm, right?

SniperGod
SniperGod

tfw will never raid molten core with my friendos ever again ;_;

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@SniperGod
Not if Blizzard keeps up their autistic kikery

hairygrape
hairygrape

@Flameblow
repetition is bad
Again /v/ is not one person, we talk about our own things on different threads, the circlejerk threads are just containment threads

They're all the same game
No they're not. Different companies, different devs, different stories and gameplay. That is one of the stupidest comebacks i have heard to this day. Try again.

What would happen if I posted one right now?
There are occasional fallout threads which i avoid because i dont like the game, and if you are afraid of an autistic shitstorm, try posting there and see for yourself. :^)

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

It was p.shit tbh
I beat it in 2 days and had a dream about running away from super mutants that was more interesting than the entirety of the game.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

/v/ is complete fucking rulefag safe space hugbox cancer, but FO4 is somehow worse.

Illusionz
Illusionz

@hairygrape
different companies/devs can't and don't attempt to make the same game

gameplay.
Minimal sneaking, minimal difficulty, a wide range of weapons and repeatable quests?

different stories
This is really the best you've got. Still, you've got a main character based off the player.

That is one of the stupidest comebacks i have heard to this day.
Trying to cover up your massively retarded arguments with a baseless assertion? Try again. ;^)

Booteefool
Booteefool

@TurtleCat
/v/ is complete fucking rulefag safe space hugbox cancer

Buddy /v/ is the most shitpost filled board on this entire site aside /pol/.

If you get banned or get your post/thread deleted from Leeky Forums /v/ i think it's time to do some soul searching and realize you must be the biggest most retarded shitposter to ever walk this green earth because not even once have i had anything deleted or banned on /v/ since i've started using it and there's some of the biggest most off topic shit on there on this entire site that goes completely untouched on a daily basis.

So i have no idea what the fuck do you even post to get in trouble there, i don't even want to imagine it, it must be the stupidest shit.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

It's an ok game to waste time on but not money. First impressions reminded me of skyrim wit a dx11+12 upgrade. just pirate the game

Nojokur
Nojokur

@PackManBrainlure

t. /v/ circlejerker

btw, the original fallouts are shit, /v/ thinks they're good only because they hate Todd Howard, not because they're actually good games

@TalkBomber

hurr durr its dumbed down because it was marketed aggressively
normies

t. /v/ circlejerker

@cum2soon

hurr durr there is no /v/

Todd posting, fallout hate, hate of anything AAA even if its fun and they can't admit it,

this is /v/: "real videogames haven't been made in over a decade"

@askme

the minecraft stuff was pure shit, agreed
and the radiant quests were also pure shit in FO4

Factions weren't that bad besides the Railroad, which was shit awful dialogue and protagonists

@Flameblow

definitely not an autistic shitstorm

that's exactly what would happen.

I tried talking about Kojima once, and it was a pure autistic shitstorm. If you don't worship that self-flagellating leftist prick (of which /v/ remains clueless), you're a shill.

@Booteefool

triggered, mouth breathing circlejerker who's assblasted he's been found out.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Nojokur
t. /v/ circlejerker
they are good games
they're good RPG games
that is my own opinion
it just so happens to be /v/'s opinion aswell
it doesn't make it any less true
and you should REALY stop your dumb fucking t. shit
it singles you out every fucking time /intl/ goon

farquit
farquit

@Fried_Sushi

it is your opinion because it is /v/'s opinion, and it is /v/'s opinion because /v/ hates Todd Howard, therefore they like everything before Todd Howard

such is the nature of the Circlejerk

on their own, they're severely dated, shittily constructed games with godawful writing, pretty much no ideas that are any more unique that what we've seen over the past decade

taken off your broken nostalgia goggles son, Todd Howard isn't hiding under your bed.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@Nojokur
Factions weren't that bad besides the Railroad
yeah, I did like how the BOS went back to their roots, and started being dicks again, but none of the factions were as good as they have been.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@Fried_Sushi
@Deadlyinx
Come on guys, this is low quality bait.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@PackManBrainlure
I was just agreeing with him on the Factions shit.
The Railroad was fucking stupid to start with, and it had the most number of radiant quests, none of which built up to anything.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@Lord_Tryzalot
kys @VisualMaster

askme
askme

Bad writing, bad voice acting, bad script, bad companion system.
Okay soundtrack and good graphics and design though.

hairygrape
hairygrape

Soft_member
Soft_member

girlDog
girlDog

@askme
@hairygrape
@Soft_member
I swear.
I fucking swear on me mum.

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content