Today was my best friend's birthday anons

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Today was my best friend's birthday anons. He has been dead for 5 years. Literally my best friend since grade 1. If you have ever lost a true friend, I'd like to hear some of your memories.

All urls found in this thread:
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul/06/local/lat-me-jonathan-yelner-obituary
New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@StrangeWizard
If you have ever lost a true friend
no one here has any friends.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@StrangeWizard
@New_Cliche
But you guys are my friends

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

They are my friends they will never die.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Ignoramus
no we aren't. People you know on the internet don't count, plus we are all Anonymous, so you can't know us, thus we aren't friends.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Dreamworx
Where will they be after you die?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@Need_TLC
When I die they die with me.

MPmaster
MPmaster

@Lord_Tryzalot
but you said they can't die

Spamalot
Spamalot

@StrangeWizard
Have you tried to fuck his mom yet?

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Spamalot
His mom died one year before he did. I'm sure she isn't fresh enough anymore.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@New_Cliche
Ever since he died, I can only agree. This place has replaced him but you all still suck balls.

hairygrape
hairygrape

@Ignoramus
568780 is right, nobody here has any real friends.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@lostmypassword
now now, OP. You are already on thin ice for being a bitching faggot.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@StrangeWizard
I found my girlfriend after she hung herself. Does that count?

Methshot
Methshot

@w8t4u
he got a younger sister you can put your penor in?

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@Deadlyinx
Fuck She must have been desperate to get out of that relationship

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@PackManBrainlure
luh-mao

Emberburn
Emberburn

@Deadlyinx
you had sex with the body, right?

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@Emberburn
No I was crying and screaming at the EMTs because they were too fucking dumb to get inside.

Then the cops detained me cause they thought I killed her lmao

RavySnake
RavySnake

@Deadlyinx
Fuck. Sorry man. I was hoping for maybe a good memory you shared with her?

WebTool
WebTool

@Methshot
Nope. Would be awkward anyway.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@RavySnake
I remember we went to a quarry that they had filled with water. I still remember just watching her dive and swim and marveling at how perfect her dive was. I dared her to do a flip off the rope swing and she just belly flopped. That was a good day.

I;m not really a write so don't exepect a really long, good story.

TechHater
TechHater

@TalkBomber
No I was crying and screaming at the EMTs because they were too fucking dumb to get inside.

Reallly? You just pull her pants down and push it in, it isn't rocket science.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@VisualMaster
Most of the time we hung out we would just sneak into the park. We would smoke and chill in a field and east raspberries form the bushes around us.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@BlogWobbles
Those lyrics weren't painless; fucking hell.

Coupled that with the idiotic "anonymous" quote from OP's pic I'm reminded why I don't exchange thoughts on suicide.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@VisualMaster
But you saw it in you mind, right? Just remember the good times.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

ayy

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@PurpleCharger
It's metaphorical. Compared to the pain of living, suicide offers relief. However, you leave your pain behind for others to carry if you follow through with it. Think deeper you dimwit. Life is great, just look beyond today and see the horizon of tomorrow.

soapbox man @ 1:20 is typical /po/

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Boy_vs_Girl
FUCK -→ /pol/

girlDog
girlDog

@StrangeWizard
Easier said than done

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Boy_vs_Girl
HAHAHA, think deeper?
It's metaphorical
OH FUCKING REALLY?
I know exactly what they were trying to say, because it's still vapid bullshit I could have come up with when I was 10. If those were earnest approaches at explaining/advocating suicide you really have to question the speaker's maturity.

DeathDog
DeathDog

@Methnerd
If you would have come up with it when you were 10, you wouldn't be the cynical faggot you are today.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@DeathDog
Coming up with a stupid idea doesn't mean you automatically adhere to it. That's what logical reasoning is for.

Any free thinking human being should take being called cynical as a compliment, but good job on the faggot part, really drives your point home.

girlDog
girlDog

@New_Cliche
Cynical in the sense that you are a pessimist. Faggot in the sense that you acquired a taste for semen after you swallowed your own. The song was written nearly 50 years ago. Accept the timeless piece of art for what it is.

massdebater
massdebater

@StrangeWizard
Shit quote.

People do not die from sadness; they die from suicide.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@girlDog
Cynicism =/= Pessimism
Expecting negative outcomes by default is no different than expecting only the positive.
Things happen. Cause and effect.

There's nothing special about the time period of the song in relation to suicide. It's a decent melody with amateur and irresponsible lyrics. I'm accepting it for what it is.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@Dreamworx
What if the show gets cancelled?

eGremlin
eGremlin

Friend died on a deployment I should have been on. Literally took my spot 2 weeks before I was suppose to leave. He was hit in the face by an RPG while driving a convoy.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul/06/local/lat-me-jonathan-yelner-obituary

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

: ^ )

hairygrape
hairygrape

@BlogWobbles
M&M does it better.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@eGremlin
i should have died not him complex

Soldier, do not fall into this trap. Seek help. You an athiest? I am and i talked to a priest. The military never has the right equipment in the right spot. But always has the wrong equipment in the wrong spot.

The priest does not fucking care. He will help you.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@massdebater
God knows they never die from your incompetent boney ass

TechHater
TechHater

@StrangeWizard
That is such a dumbass quote. No one in the course of human history has died from "sadness"

They may have died from hanging, blood loss from cut arteries/veins, or a bullet to the brain, but sadness alone has never killed someone. It might be the catalyst for someone to act on suicidal thoughts, but you won't find a single death certificate that lists the cause of death as "sadness- he didn't turn that frown upside down"

Myself, among many others I know have occasional issues with depression. Depression won't kill you. Depression might cause you to kill yourself, but depression alone won't induce death. Kind of like falling from a really high spot, like off a tall building won't kill you, but that sudden stop once you hit the ground is a real motherfucker.

askme
askme

@TechHater
Technically, if you die from a fall, it's just because your body didn't have enough internal pressure, and your skin didn't keep all the moving bits in the right spot

The ground dindu nuffin

Playboyize
Playboyize

@askme
I'm no doctor, but that's an interesting theory.

Leeky Forums needs more shit like this

TreeEater
TreeEater

@StrangeWizard
go back to cuckchan fag an hero and join him

Soft_member
Soft_member

@BlogWobbles
Kinda hard to understand what you were trying to say. But ill fill in the holes. Yes, the military does not handle PTSD or any other cases of mental trauma through combat, very well.

FYI, I was an airman, and so was my friend. We both deployed and worked with the Army on a few occasions though.

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content