There are still eurocucks who believe metric system is better than...

SniperWish
SniperWish

there are still eurocucks who believe metric system is better than imperial
kilos
metres
grams

You are funny eurocucks

All urls found in this thread:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_time
DeathDog
DeathDog

Metric inferior to Imperial
only 3 countries in the world still using imperial
1 in africa
1 in south east asia
the 3rd is United States of Special Snowflakes

thanks user
it's been too long since I've laughed this good

farquit
farquit

@DeathDog
third pic

cum2soon
cum2soon

@DeathDog
To be fair, the Celsius scale is based on randomly selected values as well. It's impossible to create a perfectly logical temperature scale that is still easy to use in the everyday life.

Methshot
Methshot

@cum2soon
water freeze at 0 - boils at 100
random

Skullbone
Skullbone

@cum2soon

How dumb are you, user?

SniperGod
SniperGod

@Methshot
Ethanol freezes at -114,5°C - boils at 78,32 °C

Also water only boils at 100°C under 1 atmosphere of pressure which equals 101,325kPa

You see what I mean?

The Fahrenheit scale is just based on different fix points.

Please explain to me what makes water so special.

BTW. I'm european so I do use the celsius scale.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@SniperGod
water is the most common thing you are going to boil or heat, it makes perfect sense to use that.
unless you are going to boil water on the top of a fucking mountain water boils at 100 degrees celsius.
Stop being retarded.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@SniperGod
isn't the fahrenheit scale based on the human ody temperature? where a 100 is 37c?
shouldn't we be using kelvin instead?
I mean since kelvin uses absolute zero as it's zero point, where no matter can move

DeathDog
DeathDog

@SniperGod
80% of your body is water, at best 1% of your body is ethanol if you ingest the largest non-lethal dose out there (and you're lucky).
1°C is how much 1 square centimeter of water heats if you apply 1 calorie to it.
Everything is a fucking relative scale, reality doesn´t come with an integrated scale so we must create our own if we want to speak in "the same language".
Anyway K° is the supreme scale because at 0 you get absolute stillness and there´s no lower than that.

TechHater
TechHater

@SniperGod
@SniperGod

Celsius is the best we have got, period

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

But you are European

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@AwesomeTucker
Ssch!
don't you fucking tell them americucks that or you might upset their fragile little egos

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

@DeathDog
Well, I'm not going to boil human bodies…

Also a calorie is also a stupid unit because the heat capacity of water varies. Just use Joules

Yes, the Kelvin scale would be the most logical but it's utterly impractical to say "It's 293K outside" also Kelvin is written without the degree symbol °

@TurtleCat
The most common thing would be carbon which boils at 4827°C

Nojokur
Nojokur

@New_Cliche
1st video, sort of semi related and needed as reference for the 2nd video

Illusionz
Illusionz

@New_Cliche
@Nojokur
2nd video

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Methshot
@Skullbone
The choice of words might have been bad, but I assume what user tried to say here is that Celsius is still a arbitrarily defined scale, because the points which defined it first are arbitrary. For example, the boiling point and melting point depend on pressure, purity and isotopic composition. The error might be neglectable for many applications, but still, defining the celsius scale by those two points is arbitrary. Which is why nowadays the Celsius scale is defined by the absolute temperature and the triple point of a water standard, whereas the temperature of its triple point is 0.01 °C.

@SniperGod
Above does not mean Fahrenheit is just as good / bad; if I understand correctly, it's nowadays defined to align to the melting and boiling point of water, with a difference of 180 °F between those two points. People prefer to think in terms of 10^n because fuck do I know.

5mileys
5mileys

Tfw born, raised, and live in US
Tfw always got shit wrong in math because utterly retarded measurement conversion
Tfw fl ounces and ounces are different
Tfw 6 tablespoons = 3/8 cups
Tfw 1 mile = 5280 feet

w8t4u
w8t4u

@SniperWish

Yes, we all know clapistanis can't into measurements for shit, but my absolute favorite is britbongish stone.
It's like future user went back into time and meme'd the mass-equivalent for bong o'clock into existence.

Methshot
Methshot

Imperial system created during the Middle Ages, when people relied on using their thumbs and feet to measure ==before== they accepted the Arabic number system we use today.
Metric system created in the French revolution centuries later as a result of the Renaissance and scientific revolution.

Stop living in the past, Americucks. Imperial system outdates numbers themselves.

RumChicken
RumChicken

US army uses metric
US navy uses metric
US air force uses metric
NASA uses metric
all computer manufactures use metic
every engineer on earth uses metric

Imperial is better because the US uses it
Everyone with half a brain in the US uses metric, it's only the plebs doing unskilled work that still use imperial.

I expect to see the US make the switch in my lifetime, if they can teach it too army niggers then they should be able to teach it to everyone else.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@5mileys
ounce comes from uncia, which means "twelfth" in Latin
16 (avoirdupois) ounces in a pound
16 (US) or 20 (Imperial) ounces in their respective pints
at least there are 12 troy ounces in a troy pound, but no one uses those anymore

but for real, I wouldn't mind one or the other, but it's the inconsistent switching between the two that's the worst, and the worst about that seem to be in the wind instrument business. Want to compare various bore sizes and mouthpiece sizes? Hope you like multiplying and dividing by 25.4 to get between inches and millimeters.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@SniperWish
there are still anons who will get angry over bait this weak

Soft_member
Soft_member

@Dreamworx
now now user, people aren't angry just because you are
that's called projection by the way
if you take a look at the fourth image of the first reply you should be able to discern the mental state of the user posting
it's a picture of a laughing man
making me draw the conclusion that this user, is in fact laughing his bony little ass off over this weak bait

Playboyize
Playboyize

@SniperWish
Honest fucking question to americans.
How the fuck do you measure your height in feet and inches?
Do you just lie down and have someone step over you and count how many full feet they can fit along your length?

Or do you have your own meters that use feet instead of meters?
What are they called ?
Feeters?

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Playboyize
meters
er
american detected

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Playboyize
the usual form of measurement for measuring height of humans is centimeters

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

All you need to do to prove metric is better than imperial is just watch an Americunt count to 10…

TreeEater
TreeEater

actually the metric system makes more sense, everything is in 10's and there are comprehensive prefixes and suffixes

Skullbone
Skullbone

When are we gonna switch to metric time?

Firespawn
Firespawn

@Skullbone
at 100 o'clock

Lunatick
Lunatick

@Firespawn
Seriously… It makes a lot more sense than what we've got going on now
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_time

Inmate
Inmate

a lot of you probable aren't machinists and in machining imperial is far superior to metric.
my reaction to metric schematics

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content