Okay I finally need to ask

Emberfire
Emberfire

What does this meme mean? I've seen it probably a hundred times as a reaction image but still have no idea what the context is. Didn't watch Scrubs and google is no help.

Can someone pls explain to me?

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Where do you think we are?

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Emberfire
shitty meme from a shitty show, reddit tier honestly. Don't feel bad about not knowing it OP. You're still a newfag though

FastChef
FastChef

@TalkBomber
@RavySnake
I still don't get it. What is the context of the line in that scene? Does he mean "we're in a cemetery, where do you think we are?" Or "this is really just a dream?" How would one use the image in a reply?

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@LuckyDusty
I've been here 15 months goddammit.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@PurpleCharger
he thinks 15 months of posting is all it takes to stop being a newfag

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@FastChef
The image is usually used in response to someone who says something absurd in the context of what board or site they are on.

For example, someone on /pol/ says something nice about Jewish people, or someone tells people to stop being racist.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Basically the point of the image is to show that you have no idea where the fuck you are, or how out of place your words are.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@FastChef
It's from Scrubs. Throughout the entirety of the episode, Dr. Cox (right foreground) has been hanging out with his Brother in Law who has apparently bounced back after an intense illness left him on death's door (I'm almost positive it was cancer). At the end of the episode, Dr. Cox berates JD (Left background) for saying something about his brother in law, to which JD replies
"Where do you think we are?"
Dr. Cox turns around, his Brother in Law is gone, and they are actually at his funeral. He wound up dying after the end of the previous episode and Dr. Cox had been hallucinating him for the past few days, having lost one of his only true friends and equals.

The meme is used as a wake-up call for when someone says something very out-of-character for them being on Leeky Forums, a specific board, or possibly even out-of-touch to the current world. It's more somber than anything. It's one of the few memes I've seen used "poignantly," like when someone talks about old /v/ and needs a reminder of how things have changed.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@Ignoramus
That is to say you can use the meme just to be funny, but it's one of those weird ones that you don't see super-fucking-saturated. I maybe see it a few times a week? The point being you can still use it well.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@StrangeWizard
OC

@New_Cliche

@Ignoramus
So did Grack Zaff see dead Brendan Frasier too? If not why didn't he say something like "who the fuck are you talking to" instead?

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

that guy's name is dr. rockfeller

he runs the abortion clinic from the show and in that episode there was a scene where he was yelling at a retarded kid

the picture is from just before he starts yelling

you're welcome

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Emberfire
Reaction image =/= meme
Not everything is a meme. Go back to Facebook

Lunatick
Lunatick

@Stark_Naked
No, Dr. Cox was hallucinating. He also didn't say anything to JD that would have directly said "hey I'm talking to my dead best friend", it was more along the lines of Dr. Cox being excessively chipper at a fuckin' funeral.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Was that the episode when Dr. Cox accidentally ingested LSD but the writers kept it super low-key to fool the censors?

I thought it was brilliant.

Soft_member
Soft_member

@Harmless_Venom
I don't remember that one and I watched the whole series (even the shitty fucking 8th season).

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@Nude_Bikergirl
implying it's not a meme
Your a butthole. Pic related.

@Lunatick
Makes sense I guess.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

what does it mean to meme?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@Harmless_Venom
the episode when Dr. Cox accidentally ingested LSD
there's no such episode

sounds like you've been ingesting LSDs

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Nude_Bikergirl
I suggest you look up what the word meme means

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Stark_Naked
Saved

Evilember
Evilember

This is now a baw thread.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

be me
stomach pains, cramps
move up to stabing pains
vomit
don't feel the usual sense of relief after puking
vomit more
start dry heaving, literally nothing left to puke up not even stomach acid, but body still wants to puke.
sothisishowitends.jpg
fall into back seat of mothers car, have her take me to ER.
fading in and out of concousness
pain is so intense begin praying to god to kill me or not me out.
meaning every fucking word.
get to ER, manage to strip down and start putting on hospital gown.
pain finally begins to recede, vision clears, awareness of surroundings slowly returns.
notice there is a tv in curtained off "room" I'm in
It's on.
So is Scrubs.

Pancreatitis caused by gall stones. The Doctor told me that mothers have compared the pain of Pancreatitis to childbirth. I spent a month in that Hospital as they tried on three seperate occasions to break up the gall stones so they would pass through my system before deciding they would have to just take them and my gall balder out. I can only rememeber about a week of my time there, because they had me on some damn fine drugs, but Scrubs was on almost non-stop on Comedy Central.

Since my mother was an RN, she was able to confirm the surpising amount of things scrubs got right about working in a hospital, doctors and health care. I think the scariest one is the fact that most surgeons really are egotistical meat heads like the Todd.

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Evilember
The rabies episode was head and shoulders the saddest thing that happened. Dr.Cox became kind of a faggot as the show went on but the first time that the stone-cold guy loses it is really the only time it's effective. After that it became a motif.

Nojokur
Nojokur

@TalkBomber
what's it like, not having a gall bladder?

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@TalkBomber
Doctors are dicks, but nurses constantly, pathologically exaggerate as a group thing and trump up "muh sexism" because women never seem to have the drive to get a doctorate so they say they don't want one because it's more righteous helping people up close and personal.

Methshot
Methshot

@Ignoramus
@Ignoramus
pretty good post
thanks for that, you write well

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

this thread
It's like I really am on reddit!

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Need_TLC
Stop trying to fit in.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Nojokur
I haven't noticed any real difference. They even used a laser to make four tiny incisions to cut it up real small and take it out that way. I was looking forward to flashing off some wicked scar and saying I got into a knife fight. Instead, I got four tiny little scars I could barley see that were covered up by my stomach hair when it grew back. Now they've faded away completely.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Gigastrength
You'd be dead but for Super Science.
Don't waste your new lease on life.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

What is this autistic need to get a joke? It was funny, so people repeat it until it's not funny anymore. If you weren't there for when it was funny then you missed out, that's it, move on, make up your own joke.

That's one of the things I like about here. On popular shit holes, normies over use a joke far too rapidly like a room full of parrots.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Spazyfool
over use a joke far too rapidly like a room full of parrots

U U U U

Nojokur
Nojokur

@Spazyfool
watch the way he drinks his coffee in that episode

you'll see it

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content