How to get good at bullshitting your liberal arts essay? I always take hours...

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

How to get good at bullshitting your liberal arts essay? I always take hours and hours to write one but I hear other people out there are capable of writing thousands of words in a single night and getting a full night sleep. God damn, I'd be willing to pass this bullshit because of how much time (and dollars) is spent in this bullshit.

Are there any tips? I know closing my imageboard and Reddit tabs helps.

fuck you crippleshit

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Idk what liberal arts even is. I understand it as like a mix of vague subjects. Just write some shit about patriarchy and gender inequality. You'll pass.

cum2soon
cum2soon

I got to write a research paper on alternative energy sources.

I guess my problem is that I care too much.

massdebater
massdebater

@cum2soon
That's so easy.

Wind power

Hydrogen

Magnets or some shit

Idk nigga but that's 2 paragraphs for each type of energy

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

You learn to write by reading a lot.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@massdebater
dont forget solar

@cum2soon
do basic research

plan out a few prargraphs

write them from a point of view, basicly pretend you really care about the earth and about alternative energy

maybe even throw in bits about global warming and how the earth is doomed if we dont switch

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

reddit
liberal arts

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@Dreamworx
Whatever you do don't write about nuclear energy. It doesn't matter how efficient it is or the lack of air pollution, an extremely liberal teacher will hate you for it. They'll say "anon why do you want babies to be retarded" or "You're such a warmonger, you probably wanted america to win the cold war." Liberals hate what they don't understand and nuclear energy is complex.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

going to college
reddit
lmao just kill yourself holy shit
please let me post lukewarmspokes

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

There are two steps:

1. Don't care about what you are writing about. I am not saying turn in a shit paper. But if you know the teacher is pro-life don't write an pro-abortion paper. The goal is to get a good grade not to change your professors mind.

2. Outline. Legit I had a hard time writing papers. Once you start outlining its literally filing in the blanks.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Gigastrength

College isnt a waste of time, people going to college for bollocks is a waste of time.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@StrangeWizard
Just learn a trade fam

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@Deadlyinx
that cap

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Dreamworx
Put in some effort and try to break them. For example, argue that trans only exists because of gender norms enforced by the patriarchy and that a man wearing a dress is a symbol of submission and acceptance of those standards.

askme
askme

@GoogleCat
2. Outline. Legit I had a hard time writing papers. Once you start outlining its literally filing in the blanks.
This is really good advice IMO. One thing that helped me a lot with my writing was taking a math class that focused on methods of writing proofs. When you're sketching out your first outline you can start with a hypothesis or question at the top then at the bottom write down what you're trying to prove. Then write a few logical steps that you have to take in order to get from A to B. When you know more specifically what you want to prove/say then it's easier to go grab scholarly sources that support this.

Of course this is for speed writing, if you're still getting into your topic it's better to do some reading and then let that inform your hypothesis.

@cum2soon
What's the class? Or if you want to type out the whole prompt it might be helpful.

It would be easy to set it up like this
@massdebater
and then have the structure like an intro, then for each alt energy type write a paragraph about how it works, a paragraph case study about somewhere it's implemented a lot, then a paragraph about general pros and cons. Then you could have a paragraph or two after you've gone through them methodically synthesizing it and then a concluding paragraph.

In my experience most liberal arts teachers, especially if it's a distribution requirement or 101 type class, like to see that you're really engaging in the theory. So I think it's best to use your writing space to spend as much time on that and give yourself a foundation for the ideas you want to develop in a formal but concise way.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Honestly: most likely the biggest skill that people learn over the course of being an undergrad is time management. Don't worry about trying to do things faster if you're happy with the quality of work that you produce.

Booteefool
Booteefool

just write whatever

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Dreamworx
liberal arts

Snarelure
Snarelure

@Dreamworx
liberal arts

WebTool
WebTool

@Dreamworx
@Dreamworx
liberal arts

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Dreamworx
What's the topic, OP?

I'm one of those fuckers who can pour out a good 10-20 pages of essay, almost regardless of the topic at hand.

My personal "trick" is to get angry at my topic.
One example I keep using was in english class, final year of uni, I had to write an essay during an exam on the topic of binge drinking, so I just started boiling with anger and hatred over the youth-culture and how 12 year old overdeveloped fetuses are now in clubs drinking fizzy alcoholic shitdrinks.
So because of my anger on the topic, I cranked out more pages than anyone else, faster than anyone else and got the highest grade.

Based on the image, I'm assuming your topic is gender in gaming?

TechHater
TechHater

@Dreamworx
I always take hours and hours to write one but I hear other people out there are capable of writing thousands of words in a single night and getting a full night sleep.
you need o be able to put your own values and beliefs on hold and take on leftist bullshit as if it were true (without really accepting it) then roleplay a feminist that hates everything phallic (while craving her throat being crammed full of cock) and write an essay about how glaciers are raping her

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Dreamworx
What subject? You're not actually taking a class called "liberal arts" are you?

Methshot
Methshot

ya

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

You pick a topic that you're actually interested in and don't have to do much research. It helps if you care, the words seem to flow a lot smoother if you're passionate. If you're neither of these things you can still do it fast if you research properly i.e. watch some videos on youtube from people who have insider knowledge.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

P A T R I A R C H Y
A
T
R
I
A
R
C
H
Y

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Dreamworx
If you have a shit teacher, play along and milk the shit out of their biases.
If you have a decent teacher, blow their bullshit out of the water. Personally, I'm really fucking good at writing so I do this either way, but if you have the stones to go balls to the wall against what is expected of you, and you do it at least semi-well, teachers respect the shit out of it.

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content