You will never get to travel on far-off grand adventures to lands of romance...

Firespawn
Firespawn

you will never get to travel on far-off grand adventures to lands of romance and fantasy with the girl of your dreams alongside you, to uncharted lands in a world that seemingly goes on forever and is full of excitement

instead you live a boring, average, mundane life in the modern world where true adventure and romance aren't real and the issues of reality forever hang over your head like money, and on a grander scale having to deal with the crippling fact that even though life is mundane and boring that the universe is unpredictable and full of radiation, and disease, which is not anywhere near exciting and will possibly slowly kill us all off if we're not careful

If there is a God, why then, did he give us the ability to construct such vivid worlds? Why then, is reality in itself so harsh towards its most intelligent known peoples?

RavySnake
RavySnake

OP again

and if there is not a God, what chance, if random, was that this universe is able to sustain intelligent life at all?

idontknow
idontknow

its because we are currently living in hell user

you somehow fuck up in your life so now here is where you stay

Emberfire
Emberfire

@idontknow
i truly believe this my friend
our suffering is eternal
this is what our lives are
and when we accept this we can survive
we cant get off this ride
if you die in any way especially suicide you just return in another body, usually with a memory wipe

Firespawn
Firespawn

@idontknow
what a relief, at least it can't get any worse

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Firespawn
oh but it can
the possibilities are endless

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@SniperWish
@Emberfire
tfw you get reincarnated as a nigger from the worst part of Africa with parents who beat him and ends up suffering from brain cancer at age 40 that slowly cripples and tortures you

I probably deserve it

StonedTime
StonedTime

@LuckyDusty
no
you dont
that is why you are here

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@Firespawn
we live in a world slowly dieing from climate change and a slowly expanding sun while entropy engulfs everything

Think about it if the end result of the universe is heat death, it proves this is hell, its inevitable outcome is endless hellfire

DeathDog
DeathDog

@CouchChiller
end result is not heat death there is not enough evidence to support that theory

also climate change cult has been debunked many times

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@DeathDog
The idea that the universe may end someday bothers many people. And you're right, we don't have enough evidence to support this theory, but lets just exercise it for a second here

If the universe is finite and will end, does this really mean the universe is meaningless? Are people required to give something meaning in other words?

If the universe ends and is long gone, and every intelligent being is permanently dead. The universe will still certainly have meaning, it existed therefore it has meaning, we do not know this meaning, but it means something.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@Firespawn

Honestly, I blame the laws of physics for this.

If the world wasn't a sphere, but instead an infinite plane of boundless mystery, life would be way more awesome. No one would be able to control it all, and there would always be a frontier like in the early days of America when 90% of people were self-employed, and the toughest could keep moving away for new opportunity.

Instead, we have a small ball, surrounding by an infinite void totally hostile to life, of which we have a small hope has some other small balls in it that can also host life that we never reach.

We are trapped on this shitty blue ball and its giving me blue balls. Some people cry at the beauty of the Earth as seen from space, but I cry at its horror.

This is why I believe in God. Random chance would never be this sadistic. This is calculated mocking cruelty.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@PurpleCharger
it means something
agreed

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@Firespawn
with the girl of your dreams alongside you

sounds like a great time if you just remove this bit of faggotry.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

lol someone mentioned something like this in that Sci-Fi thread in the catalog

tfw no futuristic utopia to live in
tfw no cyborg waifu

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Firespawn
something something live through imagination something something else something art stuff something something.

I dunno dude, maybe that's the reason I play table top RPG's and games like Dark Souls. While my thirst for something fantastic may not be quenched in my lifespan, there is a world out there and it can be explored. That's the whole reason I started rock climbing 3 years ago. Step outside and get lost. There's a world out there.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@Firespawn
@Garbage Can Lid
One more thing, OP. It sounds like you need to read this book again.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@DeathDog
you're not too good at logic are you? "not enough evidence" is not license for you to matter-of-factly dismiss it.

hairygrape
hairygrape

@PurpleCharger
It coalesces into a god particle again, but the particles that reached escape velocity from the universe during the expansion phase subliminate and reform as a goddess who pisses causality manipulation all over the particle, making it asplode. The next universe will be smaller and more compact (less space between things) overall, though not by much, and life will be a little less sparsely populated. Last universe was even lonelier than this one, a few thousands down the line it'll get to be a crowded clusterfuck by the time it starts compressing again. On the plus side, a few birrion more reincarnations and our atoms will get to be sexy aliums meeting and fucking each other.

@Playboyize
You're looking at it all wrong.
The universe is the boundless mystery and space travel is the next mountain range. If the challenges never got harder for the species the magic would die.

Before, the mystery was offset by the difficulty getting there and the necessity for money and supplies. Run out of supplies or can't get shelter in harsh climate, you die. Kept you wanting another taste, kept you horny.

Now we've overcome all of that. Next challenge, with the limited resources and technology we have, explore and colonize space over these mind-bogglingly huge gaps of freezing empty nothingness. It's a resource game again. It's amazing. Aren't you up for the challenge? You gonna get scared and stay home in 30 years when we can really start exploring and setting up?

Just too bad the cucks are busy overstating the dangers of the earth at present and decrying all human accomplishment. They should be morally consistent and kill themselves.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Who wore it better?

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Deadlyinx
I want righty's snatch to hug my little guy.
I wan't to hug lefty and give her a snack.

SniperGod
SniperGod

If things like dragons and whatever that exist in fantasy worlds were real, then they would also be boring, average and mundane. Seeing a dragon in person would be like seeing a bear in person, running into an orc would be like running into a nigger, etc.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@Flameblow
But user you forget to pretend to hate women lol

DeathDog
DeathDog

Who gives a fuck??
Bitches are overrated.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@Firespawn
Firstly your desires regarding the world are off OP.

Your love and dedication towards idealism is on fatalistic levels. There is nothing great about love it is merely temporary disease that people get form time to time. It pacifies our functionality, brakes our concentration form truly important things in life. Only way for us to liberate ourselves form our lives is by abandoning the pointless struggle and search for happiness. It simply can not be achieved.

Nojokur
Nojokur

@Firespawn
life goals are fantasy and vidya worlds
You'll be forever unhappy if you keep doing that.

This is one of the reasons people invent gods, user.

There is no 'meaning' to our lives. We live, we die, just like plants and other animals.
Nobody is 'destined' for shit.
People find that hard or impossible to accept (just like the death of loved ones), so they invent gods, and 'purpose' and 'afterlife'.

Seeking solace in believing in those does work, ofcourse. But you can't make yourself believe in that.

For me, the trick is to just accept that you're an insignificant living creature with limited time on this planet. Embrace the fact that you have no purpose, and decide to just take from life what you can.

There is romance to be found, and friendships.
You can experience adventure. Get a backpack and travel into the unknown. You hike through southeast Asia. HItch hike across your neighboring countries. There are definitely magical places and experiences to discover. I discover them every year.
The only problem is that in order to do this comfortably and maintain your family relations etc, you'll need to conform to some extent into some wageslave job to get money.
Alternatively you could become a hobo, but that's not a realistic happy choice for most.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@Fuzzy_Logic
[citation needed]

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@Fuzzy_Logic
@Fuzzy_Logic
Your posts are fatalistic.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@CouchChiller
riiight, pretend

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Nojokur
if you tipped your fedora any harder it'd catch fire

Lunatick
Lunatick

@Fried_Sushi
hi anita

Soft_member
Soft_member

@Fuzzy_Logic
It simply can not be achieved.
I'm genuinely happy.

Sure, there's things in my life I'd like different, but they are insignificant.
I'm happy when the sun shine. I'm grateful when I just have to open my tap and drinkable water comes out.
I feel happy when I travel and discover new worlds and stand on top of a mountain overlooking a wild landscape.

You just have to strip down your expectations.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@Raving_Cute
Great counter-argument and worthy contribution to the debate, user!
Have you considered going into politics?

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Evil_kitten
user, you really should watch your sodium intake

Skullbone
Skullbone

There probably isn't a God, and even if there is it is not a "personal" type God had has zero empathy or interest.

There is a big difference between "random" and "chance" and the physics and chemistry of the universe. What I am saying is that certain things are attracted to other things, chemicals react in particular ways - that isn't "random".

You life, the planet we live on, probably the universe, will all change or cease at some point in the future. Does that mean they are pointless, no, if you think about it only things that never change are pointless. Value is a human concept, and it is a function of demand, which is itself directly linked to how finite the resource is. So if you think about it the more finite life, the universe and everything in it is, the more valuable it is.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@w8t4u
random unrelated insults
You really make me feel stupid, user.
You're really good at debating.

JunkTop
JunkTop

Normie here, can recommend exploring the Mekong from North Thailand down, I hear Burma has some wild un-chartered trails for real adventure. S. Korea has some amazing wilderness and beautiful untouched valleys if you can make it out of Seoulcrushing capital
Hire local boatmen and motorbikes and go off piste in all these places for real romance. The hardships you endure will bond you two together and change your worldview forever.
Peace, blessings and safe journey

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

A lot of the things you hear about in RPGs and movies about medieval knights and stuff are still happening today, but they're in a modern context, so they aren't as obvious. There are evil overlords who are trying to take over the world with their magical powers (i.e. funds most of us could never imagine), prophecies foretelling the end of the world (Yuri Bezmenov, Nostradamus), and armies working for the evil overlords to keep the peasants from gaining any power (SJWs). There's just less swordfighting and exploring.

I think it would be pretty cool for political strife and corruption to get to a breaking point at which nuclear war happens and a tiny place in the world is the only thing left so by the time the world is okay to explore again the people who are still left have forgotten the entire of history and the whole thing starts over again but all the ancient relics of modern life are left over and they get to explore the world again and they see all the propaganda and technology of a world on the brink of destruction and get scared of scientific development and decide to focus on learning about where everything went so wrong and become much more focused on things outside of science like the occult and the maintenance of a society that doesn't get carried away with wonderment in things they don't understand that don't advance their contentment with life and they finally get to a point at which they all agree to discontinue breeding to rid the world of a life that was advanced enough to feel but not advanced enough to transcend feeling and then when the last person left alive is old and frail he ritualistically kills himself after a life of secret betrayal of his people by utilizing technology one last time to leave the Earth's gravity and propel himself into space. That might make a pretty cool film franchise or something.

tl;dr Ted Kaczynski was right

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

It won't let me post but if I try again it'll double post and what I wrote was really long

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Firespawn
Go far away, tell everyone where you've been and where you're going, tell them to come with you.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@Dreamworx
You do know sentences exist right?

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@Firespawn
If there is a God, why then, did he give us the ability to construct such vivid worlds? Why then, is reality in itself so harsh towards its most intelligent known peoples?
we are merely limited by ability to fulfill those dreams, if we were born without possibility to dream we would never have never traveled this far user

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Its the price of abstract thought. If you wait, it gets easier or you can stop being scared of death, master your emotions and realise the risk of living an interesting life

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@Garbage Can Lid
thanks for second image, nationalism means never surrendering

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@Playboyize
This is why I believe in God. Random chance would never be this sadistic. This is calculated mocking cruelty.
you believe God is a demon?

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content