Donald Trump on Economic Recovery (1991) C-SPAN

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

One hour video of Donald Trump discussing tax law and real estate before a congressional committee in 1991.

All urls found in this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rksd80-FCAw
Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Under 2 minute video of Jeb being humiliated.

SniperGod
SniperGod

Self bump, it's a good vid.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

was looking for this

dunno why there's no footage of this used in trump vids

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@LuckyDusty

Yeah, his consistency over decades should be part of a campaign commercial.

Even in this video he's hammering on job creation.

Emberfire
Emberfire

implying I haven't watched it three times
not having watched this video and being on Leeky Forums
@LuckyDusty
Because if he gave legitimacy to things he said 30 years ago the (((media))) would spin that and say "LOOK HE'S PRO ABORTION FLIP FLOPPING DEMOCRAT STILL GOYIM".

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Garbage Can Lid
A lot of older videos from back then help in convincing people in regards to Trump. Amazingly a lot of them seem to forget or not know that he can be very articulate if he wants to and only talks as he does because of the impact and energy it has. I've convinced a lot of people with old videos like this.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@Emberfire

First time I've seen it.

Booteefool
Booteefool

@SniperWish

When he doesn't have third-rate bimbos hectoring him he can articulate an argument quite nicely.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Stark_Naked

I forgot about this. I watched in October of last year, it was pivotal of me jumping on the #TrumpTrain.

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Booteefool
Indeed. I feel like we will see flashes of this against Hillary, throwing her off and making her look foolish.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Stark_Naked
Not attempting to shill here, just hoping some user could clarify for me,
in this video he says to increase tax rates above 25% for the very rich to incentivise
investment in bonds and real estate.
But his current tax plan is to keep the highest tax bracket at 25%.
Did he change his view, or is the current economic crisis fundamentally different from the one back then, or am I misunderstanding something?

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@Gigastrength
Don't forget very rich people generally don't make anything in wages any longer. Donald knows that these days it's much more effective to tax them on their capital gains so he's raising that tax instead. Mitt Romney only pays like 15% taxes a year because of the capital gains bullshit, rich people are paid to sit on their money. I don't know exactly what the situation was back then but I imagine the problem with every dollar going to fuel the stock market has only gotten worse.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Gigastrength
not realizing how much worse the economy is then in 1991

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

this is interesting I hadn't seen that video

girlDog
girlDog

@Gigastrength
The Economy was down at the time of Bush 1 and then magically got better once Clinton got in office, and then magically tanked again when W got in. Jews keep sucking our blood and the would-be corpse is almost bloodless now. But dipshit libtards keep thinking Democrat Presidents have something to do with the economy being good.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@girlDog
The Economy was down at the time of Bush 1 and then magically got better once Clinton got in office, and then magically tanked again when W got in.

Clinton got a free ride from the tech boom of the mid-nineties.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@PackManBrainlure
This. Clinton really was the first black President, getting a free ride and all the credit.

massdebater
massdebater

@haveahappyday
Correct. Raising income tax does nothing to hurt the rich because the rich already have their money. What it does is prevent social mobility of the middle class.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@haveahappyday
Correct. Raising income tax does nothing to hurt the rich because the rich already have their money. What it does is prevent social mobility of the middle class.

Fuck you kikewheels

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content