What is your opinion on the laws about drinking in public?In many western...

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

What is your opinion on the laws about drinking in public?
In many western states it is illegal to drink in public and even to be drunk while being in public.

What's your take on this? Do you support such laws or not?

All urls found in this thread:
http://archive.org/faq.html
StonedTime
StonedTime

I don't. Though drinking while driving and driving drunk is bad. Shouldn't be against the law to drink outside a bar, at least.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@StonedTime
Shouldn't be against the law to drink outside a bar, at least.
That's the most retarded part to be honest.

I'm from Germany (yea, I know how cucked this country is, please don't derail the thread) and won't ever understand that said laws in the US.
No freedums at all.

idontknow
idontknow

@Carnalpleasure
if dipshits stopped rioting after the favorite sports teams win like niggers after a verdict, then we could have nice things

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

I think it's fine as long as it's not in a vehicle, for obvious reasons.

Skullbone
Skullbone

It should be allowed but in my neck of the woods certain areas are dry zones between certain hours.
Works pretty well. Do you really need to be boozing in a public park at 4am? probably not.
Just an example.

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Carnalpleasure
In many western states it is illegal to drink in public and even to be drunk while being in public.
What the actual fuck?

LAND OF THE FREE

Evilember
Evilember

@Carnalpleasure
not having the temperance to just abstain entirely
not having the presence of mind to at least fucking control yourself
For shame.

DeathDog
DeathDog

shit topic, rabbi

TechHater
TechHater

@Carnalpleasure

Some of these laws date back to the turn of the century when public drunkenness was a serious problem.

In Texas (yes, it's not the West) counties were allowed to determine alcohol sales law after prohibition ended. For that reason you'll find completely dry counties and everything in between.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Bought a flask years ago, have enough tolerance that i don't look like I'm drunk after 3-4 drinks. Also, I'm long past the age of acting like a fucking retard while drunk.

I agree with drinking and driving laws and the laws. Otherwise it should be treated as an aggravating factor (thus increase the penalties of a sentence), even worse if near children under 12, for disorderly conduct instead of it being illegal.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Carnalpleasure
I don't see the point in removing such laws.
Why should anybody have to be subjected to someone else's drunken shenanigans?
Sure, if everyone were level-headed and responsible enough not to get wasted beyond control while in public, it'd be fine, but that's not the case, so that's why those laws exist.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Skullbone
not polishing off a bottle of Glen Livet while reading Mason & Dixon on the bench underneath a streetlamp
its like you hate life itself

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Fried_Sushi
I don't see the point in removing such laws.

It would be a disaster.

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Fried_Sushi
So you are implying no one at all can handle being drunk and everyone will behave like shit while being drunk in public?

Bidwell
Bidwell

It’s essentially down to local councils to decide on here in occupied Britain.

My Town technically has it banned but after successive budget cuts they can’t afford to employ a Police presence anymore so…. You can drink wherever you want. You might also get stabbed but… You know.

massdebater
massdebater

@Illusionz
man is responsible for his own actions
except when being under the influence of alcohol
all his actions are inherently "badder" and thus deserve more punishment, because you know, reasons?

Inmate
Inmate

I just came back from Ukraine and it seemed like no one batted an eye nor did anyone act retarded. They just drank in a clique and kept to themselves

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@w8t4u

Too many will behave like animals, guaranteed.

Want to walk in the park with your wife and children while people are shouting obscenities, pissing in public and brawling?

No thanks.

Skullbone
Skullbone

@w8t4u
its more of an American thing

America can not function as a society unless its citizens are treated like 12 year olds incapable of coherent thought and reason

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

To all the people saying there would be drunk dipshits all over the streets if the law was removed:

I have seen endless videos of drunk/intoxicated as fuck people on American streets even though this law is active… They are there no matter whether you have such a law.

WebTool
WebTool

Drunk people start fights and break shit.

This happens because of alcohol's interaction with brain cell's GABA receptors which makes them much more likely to fail to pass on nerve impulses.

This necessarily means that a drunk's complex, higher functions (such as moral considerations) will fail long before more simple functions (such as the gross motor skills required to smash a pint glass into someone fucking face for vaguely looking in their direction).

Drinking in public is prohibited for very good reasons which are in total agreement with natural law (i.e. not having a pint glass smashed in your face or through your window by a fucking drunk).

Drink inside a public or private house you fucking dipsomaniacs.

FastChef
FastChef

@TalkBomber
If only there were a law which would allow such people to be arrested before-the-fact of their rowdy violence.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@WebTool
@FastChef

You guys say being drunk in public must be illegal yet you say owning guns must be legal because people will have guns anyways.
Protip: People will also be drunk on the streets anyways.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@TalkBomber
I have seen endless videos of drunk/intoxicated as fuck people on American streets even though this law is active

I know it's difficult, but imagine what it would be like if it was not prohibited.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@TalkBomber
Yes, I'm sure there's no possibility wheresoever that removing the law wouldn't make it even worse.

@w8t4u
No one at all
But that's not what I said, at all.
Work on your reading comprehension, mate.

MPmaster
MPmaster

I live in southern Nevad Where you are welcome to walk down the famous Las Vegas strip with a handle in both hands and act like a mindless child. You're also welcome to get your shit pushed in when your u get arrested for being a fucking idiot.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@WebTool
Drinking in public != being totally fucking smashed

Honestly the laws don't really matter, I drink in public constantly.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@Ignoramus
People will always be murdered therefore murder should be legal.

Am I doing this right?

cum2soon
cum2soon

@Dreamworx
Yes, I'm sure there's no possibility wheresoever that removing the law wouldn't make it even worse.
If you support such way of thinking you must also support european standard gun control since less people having guns apparantly would make gun crimes less.
It basically is the same story.

massdebater
massdebater

@Dreamworx
you dont get that a person who isnt autistic doesnt sit down in a chair and read the local penal code before downing 7 20 oz glasses of piss flavored budweiser and starting a fight

Inmate
Inmate

@massdebater
The current way things are here many crimes committed while drunk (IE: theft, indecent exposure) are treated less severely. Exactly because the courts consider a man not fully responsible for his actions when under the influence of alcohol or drugs. They might add counseling as part of the sentence but not necessarily.

My idea is to incite responsibility while drunk without punishing those who can drink and behave.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Ignoramus
@cum2soon
Comparing alcohol to guns
Holy shit, you ARE an idiot.
The problem with prohibiting guns is that criminals and people intending to do harm to others won't give a shit about any laws, and if they wanted to acquire one they would do so though illegal means. If you forbid regular citizens from owning guns, you're robbing them of the chance of defending themselves.
How does alcohol even enter into the same category? They don't compare at all.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@Inmate
implying its because they said "I was drunk your honor"
implying they didnt jump on the cushy plea deal of community service the district attorney gave them
implying the words "not Guilty" doesnt make the district attorney try to prosecute someone with a sentence of 40 years hard labor because they actually had to do their jobs for once

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@Inmate
implying its because they said "I was drunk your honor"
implying they didnt jump on the cushy plea deal of community service the district attorney gave them
implying the words "not Guilty" doesnt make the district attorney try to prosecute someone with a sentence of 40 years hard labor because they actually had to do their jobs for once

hairygrape
hairygrape

@Gigastrength
I'm comparing the scenario, not the guns to the alcohol you idiot.
You claimed that banning public drinking can't be bad as it could only possibly decrease the amount of public drinking.
If that's your way of thinking then that'd mean that banning guns could also only possibly decrease the amount of gun possession.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@Carnalpleasure
I have no sympathy for drunks and their retarded behavior.
Same thing with those fucks that whine on and on about how they can't have fun and go out anymore because the police are cracking down on drunk driving. How about you just don't drive drunk and endanger my neighborhood you degenerate ("b-but it feels good!") pleasure seekers.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@Inmate
This. Being drunk should be no excuse. If that lands someone in hot water for stupid behaviour, well bad luck then guess you'd better lay off the booze.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Carnalpleasure
what does Leeky Forums think of X

facepalm.exe

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Alcohol should be outlawed.

All non necessary non prescription drugs should be outlawed. Which include marijuana, the MSM NEVER reports any of the negatives it brings, and there are a lot.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@SomethingNew
dont touch my bourbon you drongo looking cunt

RumChicken
RumChicken

Depends really. I like to drink a few beers/ciders in the park quite a lot, either late evenings on the weekends or if its a nice day in the summer go for a picnic/chill out in the park with beer.

Whether or not it is 'ok' largely has to do with 'how' you're drinking, as in what your intentions are. If you just want to get blind drunk and make a scene when other people would like to be out with their children, walking the dogs or playing sports; it's bad. If you are going to sit on a park bench with a bottle of vodka from 11am (something I've begun seeing in London due to all the subhuman eastern europeans invading), it's pretty off-putting. You stink, you're not social, you are a blot on the landscape and you are making women and children feel uneasy.

If they do the same thing after 9/10pm, I don't care. No one is around at night, enjoy the fresh air and the beautiful view of the stars (or more likely the clouds; this is England after all). Having police patrolling to stop people drinking in parks/ on street benches is a complete waste of tax-payer money.

Unfortunately the UK has recently taken an 'American' approach to law and as such has taken away common sense and replaced it with strict laws that try to cover all the angles (and ALWAYS have loop-holes). This means that police will (and do) harrass a couple of 75 year old men having a beer whilst they play a game of chess in the park at lunch time. Obviously the law is intended to stop scummy teenagers and unemployed people from ruining areas for families; but these new laws allow for no common sense.

In fairness though, having met way too many foreigners, most of which were filth; I have come to the conclusion that they are lacking any semblance of common sense; Indian shop-keepers IDing 50+ people, a black boss (shameful I know, gotta have dem quotas though) insisting that we do the job as his superior told him to the letter, despite the fact that it would clearly be easier/quicker to do it the 'common-sense way'; generic brown retailer refusing to sell spoons to people without proof that they are over 18.

Just mind-boggling stupidity, though I suppose it means those kind of all encompassing idiot-proof laws the Yanks are fond of are required. How the West has fallen. ;/

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@RumChicken
Its like I said earlier
america only functions as a society if it treats itself as if its a nation of 12 year olds running with scissors

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@Carnalpleasure
I grew up with dry counties, and every place was different. Then I went to cities, and I realized drinking in public at any time of the day is something you can get away with, like anything else, if you can act alpha enough.

The whole thing is silly. I know people who drink beer when they drive. Being drunk and doing anything dangerous is irresponsible. Being shitfaced in public frequently is degenerate.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@Carnalpleasure

Drinking liquid jew

I have a better idea goys, how about not drinking that shit at all, so you don't even need to consider such possibilities.

Still being an addict

C'mon cuh.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@BunnyJinx
[current year]

Inmate
Inmate

@Carnalpleasure
With niggers and other suhumans you can't legalize it. In an homogeneous white community it can be legalized without problems to worry about, like it was in the past.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@Carnalpleasure
@Carnalpleasure
With niggers and other suhumans you can't legalize it. In an homogeneous white community it can be legalized without problems to worry about, like it was in the past.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

go watch 'lion versus' on youtube if you want some rage material

in fact: all you puritionists here that are against casual drinking or smoking in public; go watch that shit

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Carnalpleasure
@Supergrass
My take on it, that It's a sensible set of laws and should be common sense to not wanting to be drunk in public. Anything can happen to you. However, I'm curious as to what's going on with people where you live that you're looking to be drunk any given hour of the day wherever you please? I mean, you're in Germany, don't you have bigger concerns than boozing in public? Why not use that time to press your government to pay the invaders to return to their homes?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Carnalpleasure

A friend who has been to Switzerland told me you can drink alcohol in the streets.

Slide thread. It's not important.

http://archive.org/faq.html
What is "sage"? Posters may reply to threads without bumping them to the top of the index by putting "sage" in the email field.

Illusionz
Illusionz

What happened with just common sense? You know, act accordingly to the environment. If there is children and families around, you fucking behave yourself, avoid fights, cursing and stuff.

Seems like the newer generations hasn't been taught that.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

The only people who support bans on public drinking are green/leftists faggots so we must protect our right to public intoxication at all costs.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@Illusionz

What happened with just common sense?

Guess which part of the population has the most trouble with excessive drinking. Hint: It ain't the whites.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

If you aren't causing shit I don't really see the issue other than it sets a bad example for the children. A normal dude stumbling home is a fine source of revenue for the city though, so it's unlikely to change right now. It's not dissimilar to small town speed traps where the entire pd, 2 or 3 cops just sit on the highway going in and out of town to write tickets for anyone going 1 mile over the limit.

TechHater
TechHater

I live in New Orleans.
Drink in Public = LEGAL!
Drunk in Public = LEGAL!
Smoke Weed in Public = LEGAL!

If you can do these things without otherwise making an ass of yourself, then I'm 100% fine with it.

Nothin' like sipping a nice martini while feeding ducks on a warm spring afternoon in the park.

It's called "freedom".

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@Carnalpleasure
I've been drunk a few times in public but i never had a problem. Once when i was younger, i was drinking with some friends in a parking lot for my birthday and the cops were called, when they realised we weren't causing any troubles and didn't have drugs they advised us to go at a spot further down the road and wished me a happy birthday.

DeathDog
DeathDog

@Carnalpleasure
NO DRUGS, NO ALCOHOL NO CIGARETTES

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@massdebater
inherently "badder" and thus deserve more punishment,
Because deterrence. If man cannot control himself while drunk, he should be not only be deterred from committing act itself, but from drinking too.

SniperGod
SniperGod

@Skullbone
Do you really need gun and free speach?

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Needs to go.
Haram.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Not enjoying a beer after a hard day of work
Degenerates. Alcohol is the blood of every single great civilization to ever exist.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@BunnyJinx
get out you mudslime you cant take our beers away from us

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

It only exists to round up bums tbh

askme
askme

there is already laws fro disrupting public peace, if yas drunk on the street and causing trouble they can already arrest ya.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Police need all the leeway they can to shut down the plebbing out of drunkards before harm comes to anyone. I do think outright banning people from consuming a single drink in public is taking it too far, but having such a law on the books, to be enforced discretionarily, so that the police can shut down groups of niggers before they begin their chimpout is a wise maneuver.

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content