Spurdoburgers pre-position war toys

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

The US and the Philippines announced on Friday five locations where American forces will have access under a new defence pact, including one facing disputed islands in the South China Sea.

http://archive.is/KgkNr

The Army is building equipment activity sets in Europe, the Pacific, Africa and elsewhere as it works to give commanders the flexibility to quickly respond to contingencies around the world, the top commander of Army Materiel Command said Tuesday.

These activity sets include the brigade-sized set in Europe that includes almost 90 Abrams tanks, as well as equipment in places such as Cambodia and Vietnam, said Gen. Dennis Via, speaking at the Association of the United States Global Force Symposium and Exposition here.

http://archive.is/sYitD

All urls found in this thread:
http://archive.is/KgkNr
http://archive.is/sYitD
http://chinamatters.blogspot.com/2016/03/americas-south-china-sea-fail.html
http://www.ianwelsh.net/why-poor-white-males-are-the-core-of-trumps-support/#comments
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_Court_of_Arbitration
haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Whatever. The us military has been cucked into oblivion by king nigger.

askme
askme

spurdoburgers
Can you fuck off and stop sliding bernie cuck dox threads.Your topics are shit pls go.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@askme

Can you fuck off and stop sliding bernie cuck dox threads.

Your Marines are gay. Please come out of the closet.

Firespawn
Firespawn

@Burnblaze
I don't give a fuck about the military now stop sliding quality threads with your anti-american bullshit.

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Firespawn

I don't give a fuck about the military

Then you shouldn't be on Leeky Forums

eGremlin
eGremlin

@RumChicken
Back to /int/

whereismyname
whereismyname

@eGremlin

If you're a Trump fan, you should be eager to rein in the military-industrial complex. Those war toys are leeching your national resources and enriching foreign elites like Dov Zakheim and Chertoff.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@RumChicken
matchhead primer
for what purpose?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@whereismyname
Trump is an evil military warlord
when he's specifically stated we shouldn't be the world police, but defending against globalism that tries to treat us as such
Confirmed for not knowing shit about Trump, or perhaps that's what you want people to think.

takes2long
takes2long

@Methnerd

http://chinamatters.blogspot.com/2016/03/americas-south-china-sea-fail.html

By most metrics the US campaign to deter and modify PRC behavior in the South China Sea has been a colossal bust.

The US “Freedom of Navigation” initiative for the South China Sea is, to put it bluntly, completely bogus. The PRC has no interest in impeding the movement of ships in the South China Sea and the US Navy, when it goes into the region to engage in its ostensibly confrontational high risk FONOPs, is simply pushing against Jell-O. The PLAN stays out of the way and lets them sail around.

In early March, the United States sailed a carrier battle group through the South China Sea and flew 226 sorties. Chinese response: Meh.

The second leg of the US maritime “lawfare” strategy, the Philippine arbitration gambit—using arbitration under the UN Convention of the Law of the Sea a.k.a. UNCLOS to repudiate the PRC “Nine-Dash-Line” claim to maritime sovereignty over the South China Sea–is probably not going to yield any stunning victories. China has categorically announced it will ignore the ruling, UNCLOS has no enforcement mechanism and, even if the US wanted to step up and do the job on UNCLOS’ behalf, it’s not even a signatory to UNCLOS. Awkward.

SniperGod
SniperGod

Ian Divertie PERMALINK
March 19, 2016
I’ve worked for DOD and related agencies for over 33 years, ten of them constantly in the Middle East, no rotation, no rest, I’m physically disabled now in nursing/retirement home with no real support of any kind. I agree and have said before to people in the comfortable upper middle class what happens when people like us get tired of your condescension we own all the guns? The particular instance was a very conservative person, a physician, my brother actually. His response was as long as there are pick-up trucks and six packs of beer his class could just buy us off. Which by the way is a hugely condescending response in the first place. Anyway, I worked with conservative white warriors as I’ve said for along time, and I ended referring to them as “kill ’em all cowboys.” Those are my brother and people like him allies, but I just don’t see how it ends well for either side. I know a lot of people like me who entered into service during the mid Cold War period in the 1970’s and by the time I left disabled in 2009, I felt betrayed by my country by lies and that I was a murderer, not feelings I ever wanted to feel about myself. We killed thousands and thousands of innocent harmless people for no reason whatsoever. Please if you’re sane at all don’t ever thank me for my service. I know other former DOD/agency employees who won’t even return to the US, and they spent around 30 years serving the US like me, and I’m seriously thinking of immigrating to Germany or the like, I can’t stand it anymore. Good luck, I wish you well, and I don’t feel like I owe my country anything after 33 years and ending up a murderer that you won’t even acknowledge publicly and that I feel ashamed to be. So pulling the Patriot string doesn’t work with me or my friends either. Hillary or Trump, eh? I don’t see it ending well, just leave the rest of the world alone, they deserve it but I doubt that’s what will happen.

http://www.ianwelsh.net/why-poor-white-males-are-the-core-of-trumps-support/#comments

atcooper PERMALINK
March 20, 2016
Ian Diverte,
I’m younger, and only did one contract, Navy, and my own experience sounds a faint echo of your own. I have a hard time hearing the thanks for service bit too – in my more cynical days I tell them it was a job I was paid to do, more mercenary than they realize, no need to thank me. Thank the teachers, etc. When I’m in a better mood, I tell them they can thank me by making fewer future vets. Vote for folks who will keep the vet services funded, etc.
Anyways, good luck in your future.
I often wonder how many vets out there have similar experiences.

VietnamVet PERMALINK
March 20, 2016
This post hit the nail on the head. The closest analogy to America today is Russia in the 1990s after the collapse of the Soviet Union due to the exact same cause; predatory capitalism. Oligarchs running wild.
I served in a different army almost half a century ago. It was a people’s army that refused to fight an unwinnable colonial war. Today the privatized western military is composed of volunteers and contractors who have been at war for a quarter century in the Middle East. The forever wars will end only in bankruptcy, overthrow of the war parties or a nuclear winter.
The only way to avoid the revolution is to make the rule of law applicable to all. This will only happen if the global aristocracy is convinced that their heads will roll if they don’t serve time for their crimes. This election will be interesting but it likely will not be enough.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@Spazyfool
He said, "If you're a trump fan you should be eager to rein in the military…", and you interpreted as, "Trump is an evil military warlord." You are barely literate.

StonedTime
StonedTime

@Spazyfool
or perhaps that's what you want people to think.

When I saw that part, I suspected he was trolling for the lulz…

@Stark_Naked

He said, "If you're a trump fan you should be eager to rein in the military…", and you interpreted as, "Trump is an evil military warlord." You are barely literate.

Maybe he's a masterful troll, trying a "gish gallop" of misinterpretations in an effort to get me angry, and he miscalculated his trolling powers and just ended up winning the special olympics of trolling.

takes2long
takes2long

@takes2long
China has categorically announced it will ignore the ruling,
UNCLOS has no enforcement mechanism and
even if the US wanted to step up and do the job on UNCLOS’ behalf, it’s not even a signatory to UNCLOS. Awkward.

You can add 4: it's not even sure the UNCLOS would rule in favor of Philippines whose claims are even more BS as Chinese ones. If anything China has a better argument legal than the Philippines (since it went China->France->Japan->WWII->Now). Best case scenario for the US is Taiwan… But the Philippines claim is actually the most recent (70's) while China, Other China (Taiwan) and Vietnam (which says that stuff that belonged to France should belong to them) have at least some paperwork to justify their claims. Philippines claim (and cie) is just "hey it look close to us on the map so it has ours".
Which might sound sane because of the nature of seas borders, but sound completely bonkers to any country with land borders…

That's one of the big problem here, China is actually kind of right… It's always the same thing, getting our panties in a bunch when others are actually using our nice legalese toys.

An actual impartial ruling would be to tell them ALL to get stuffed, none of those place are actually island (by the CLOS definition. None of them have a free fresh water source) so it's international waters and the classic shores rules applies to delimit who gets what EEZ.

That's the thing nobody want (because it would leave the actual goodies everyone is fighting about in international waters) but from the law point of view that's actually the right one.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@takes2long

You can add 4: it's not even sure the UNCLOS would rule in favor of Philippines whose claims are even more BS as Chinese ones. If anything China has a better argument legal than the Philippines (since it went China->France->Japan->WWII->Now). Best case scenario for the US is Taiwan…

Good points.

I think international law is a slogan more than a sincere ideal for the politicians who run countries. They shout about it when it suits their purposes, they forget about it when it doesn't suit their purposes.

I tend to feel that Taiwan got shafted by the UN.

But I also doubt that the UN will admit to its wrongdoing to Taiwan so long as the UN is in existence…

Booteefool
Booteefool

@takes2long
I believe the Philippines is the closest to it geographically.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@Burnblaze
Marines and Army are the least faggy out of the entire armed forces.
Theres a reason the majority of the army/marines support Trump whereas the chairforce and navy support Bernie

Inmate
Inmate

@haveahappyday
Sure…
Its why we lambast his nobel peace prize.

Or are you saying he fully deserves it now and has't invaded 181 countries?

Playboyize
Playboyize

@Booteefool
Yeah and Alaska is very close from Russia.

See how that doesn't actually work.

Or did you mean for the EEZ?

That's true for the south part, but Vietnam is about as close.

And then there is the continental shelf extension rules which as you can see on the picture is completely in favor of China and Vietnam but certainly not the Philippines which clearly are on a different landmass even for Palawan…

TreeEater
TreeEater

@Poker_Star
I seriously doubt any branch of the armed forces supports Bernie in any serious numbers and reminder that the USMC is a subordinate of the Navy and all Marine orders come directly from the department of the Navy.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Playboyize
@Playboyize
Also IIRC you can't have an EEZ as long as somebody else is claiming it, which is not the UNCLOS job to resolve but the CPA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_Court_of_Arbitration ) by which all parties have to agree (unlike the IJC which would deal with territorial waters issues) which can last… well.
Forever. The EEZ in itself is an exception.

They will recommend joint development (for example Japan And Korea have one, there is several in the North sea too).

Disable your ad blocker to access the content

Disable your ad blocker to access the content